Saturday 24 August 2013

Sweetest Taboo2 pt6

Chapter 6

It is a shame that things had to go the way they did with Janet My daughters Christmas is turning out to be a nightmare which is something I will not tolerate. There has been a lot of talk all week about how Janet was found after drinking bleach or whatever. You see the problem with rumours is that they have a tendency not to be true but if people wanted something to talk about I was prepared to give them the talk. No more need for magazines or television or any other form of treatment. I was going to put things straight and if not immediately, send a warning to any other rapist out there that thinks they are invincible.

To make matters worse, my baby and I had to sit through a heart breaking time at the doctor’s office as she received her counselling prior to getting tested for HIV. She had so many questions that not even the doctor after many years in his profession found easy to answer. So much information, so little time and overnight she had lost a best friend and a good holiday.

‘So if your test comes out positive, there is still so much you can do to live a normal life Shekinah but you will need to be on medication for your whole life….’
‘So I am not a virgin and now I might be sick? All because I wanted to have some sweets? Mama I said I was sorry!’ she says turning in her chair to look at me with tears filled in her eyes. I told her it was OK and that everything would be fine but come on poor girl. It was one thing for me to have gone through it so I know exactly what she is going through but my baby, her world is collapsing around her. Her best friend is gone, she does not want to watch TV. No I cannot even persuade her to watch Shera and the worst part is that her own home has been stolen from her….by her rapist. She now has to live with Towela. I have no words to comfort her because I have no idea what to say to strengthen her apart from promise her that it was all going to be OK.

Those were the longest two weeks of our lives. Each night I woke up covered in sweat because the doctor was just about to reveal the results and then I would wake up. Shekinah has lost so much weight from her lack of appetite that she will not even touch the mango tree she loves so much. Something about it reminds her so much of those events but she will not talk about it. Towela has tried everything under the sun but she just sits in the house not doing anything to stimulate herself. Before Janet’s death, Shey Shey could at least sit with Thandie and paint or even master up the courage to go to the park with her aunty. Needless to say at the moment I watch her every move. My heart cannot be at peace when I know he is still around.
We finally got the results and thank God she is negative. Bana Kulu Themba came over to enquire about how things were and I told her about the result. 

‘Mmmhmm, mwalishiba fye amakaladi…..’ I was removing the feathers from the chicken when she came to see me.  Like what the hell is that supposed to mean? What is she insinuating? But no let her repeat herself eh. I want to make sure she is saying what I think she is saying then she will know me.
‘Sorry I beg your pardon but what do you mean by what you just said?
‘You can fight all you like for your Shekinah but bonse in this town we know amakaladi. They are whores and by the time she is 15 she will be……Ehhhhhh!!!!Mayo Mayo’ the witch screamed her lungs out as the hot water greeted her old wrinkly face. The neighbours came rushing out to find out what the commotion was all about and tried their best to attend to her. Removing chicken feathers and all manner of debris from her. Could the water have blinded her? Yes. Did I care? No.

‘Get this disgusting witch off my property before I deal with all of you!! Let anyone say something and I hear it. You will see what I will do to you. Make sure if you are still seeing that you never ever step foot here again olo akalumba, I swear, you will wish you had never met me. Bonse fye mwayamba ukwingila mukaputula nokonkonsha, I will deal with all of you!’ they break their little party and disappear off to attend to the kolokombwa inher witch house. Nonsense.

My sister meets me at the door looking very shocked at what I had just done. She just reminded me that she is next on our list. Towela needs to come and finish this nonsense up. The burial is done and dusted but the revenge is still on. To my sister I must play the fool.
[Phone call-Towela] Hi girl. You need to come and help me with this chicken I smile. Yes now, I don’t know how to the recipe like you. How long will it take for you to get here? Oh OK cool.
Towela hungs up and I go about my duties avoiding my sister. I have an explosive temper and for this to work the way we need it to it has to be done the right way.

An hour later Towela arrives and with her charming self, greets my sister and Trevor as though they are not the enemy. I wonder what she has up her sleeve today. 

‘OK so what we are going to discuss today is the living arrangement in the house eh.’ She says looking them square in the eyes. They seem to be so taken by her like the idiots that they are. ‘But first I will need you to lock the door because I heard that Chisanga and his friends are on the way home and I do not want to put the children through any more pain yes.’ I turn and lock the door as my dimwit of a sister agrees to it because somehow she thinks this discussion will be good for her. ‘Ok so if we can just move to Trevors room and see how we can design it a bit better just to make sure that his room is you know done well enough for him to carry out his church duties. The past is the past aine?’ we all agree and proceed to Trevors room, then when everyone is sitting on the bed miss nice turns to a bitch in two seconds and opens her handbag and takes out a simple box of matches. Now Trevor is looking worried. His mother gets anxious and looks at us quizzingly.

‘Trevor I have a choice for you. You can go to prison and suffer at the hands of inmates…or you can do just what you did to those girls right here in this room to your mother. You are going to screw your mother, hit her and force yourself on her just like you did to the girls’ Trevor gets up angry and tries to come up me but you will be surprised what power a woman with a gun holds. Towela continues like a boss lady. ‘I have poured enough paraffin in this room to light all of us up in an instant. That smell is not from us being generous enough to apply cobra muno awe. You village idots are going to pay for what you did and I am pretty sure by what you seen from Bana Kulu Themba this aint a joke. Hit your mother and rape her’ Trevor starts crying with his mother and begging us not to make him do it. I am sure that my baby cried for him to stop and he didn’t so sorry but crocodile tears are not welcome at this venue. Towela shouts at him to get on with it before she lights them up. My sister is crying so loud it annoys me. 

Trevor hits her on the face and right there he strips her clothes off as we watch and rapes his mother. Towela is busy taking pictures as though it is a fashion parade and does not seem phased by the view. It nauseates me so much that I gag and throw up.

‘When you are done Trevor, I want you to lick this vomit off the floor and kiss your mother with it. You understand?’ Trevor cries and gets off the mother who is besides herself with tears. Towela cheekily asks her to smile for the camera.

‘Now listen you guys, it is not that I am being cruel. It is your job as a woman to take these things eh? We can’t allow a man who wants to relieve himself to go without getting some. Were those not your words? Very wise words indeed. Now please clean this floor up with your tongue Trevor’ another picture and even as he kisses his mother another picture.

‘Thank you for your cooperation and we are sorry the delay of this punishment. Circumstances beyond our control deeply regretted but for you taboo lovers, this must be the sweetest taboo for you huh?’ she bursts out laughing so hard that even I am afraid of her and proud at the same time.
Trevor gets dressed and sits on the bed crying. As for my sister she is to remain locked in this room until we are done with her. Goodness me tomorrow is going to be awesome!


1 comment: