Thursday 22 August 2013

Sweetest Taboo prelude

For me this is not just a song.
For me this is the core of me,
The definition of my existence
The chains of my redemption scratching away at the paper
So I

Sing for my freedom
For the hopes and dreams that I dare not speak
For the, fantasies and wishes
That books embellish in me
For the release of the demon that
Was once called me
So I

Sing like tomorrow is already here
The tracks of my tears I no longer see
Encrusted by makeup for someone who was once here
Yes I sing like I do for there's nobody else
I must sing to remind myself that I am still living
In here
So I

Live like a mango tree
Providing hope for the season
The green white and yellow that
Red never conquers
We were born similar
maturing in different pods
our seeds planted separate
only to blossom in the same field  
So I

Sing about my lovein you
Like a mirror reflection taken
in different generations
yours is the smile that frames my face
yours is the picture defining in my frame
So let's define forever
And give it a new meaning
For the ending is only written
But the mind that dreamt it





1 comment:

  1. chichi.... my delay is not denial... gota make time to read all of these. been outa action for too long . cant wait to read and find out how sweet this taboo is.
    xoxo your no 1 fan

    ReplyDelete