Tuesday 20 August 2013

Bigger than Love epilogue 1 and 1/2 years later

Mutiz and I got married in an elaborate wedding at Sandy's Creations on 2 August. The one time I loved tradition was when he and his people came to see my father for my engagement. Mutale was in the room when I was summoned.
 
My aunty sat me down on the floor beside her and asked me to identify Mutale. I looked at Mutale lovingly and confirmed that he was indeed the man I wished to be married to. I was told there was a plate on the table that was covered. Inside it was money that was to be given to my father if I was happy with the mans proposal.
 
On my knees, I crawled to the table and picked up the plate without opening it. I took it on my knees to my father and placed it in his hands then clapped my hands three times. My father was beaming with pride you could see it in his eyes. For me that was a life changing moment. Mutale had been true to his word and had been nothing but perfect towards me when dating. he even acknowledges the day I lost Lubuto. One would truly think he was the biological father.
 
It is almost like a dream to think that God would have blessed me with such an awesome man despite my imperfections. We are now literally with child. His name is Nehemiah which we prefer to write as Niyemiah. I absolutely adore the name because of its beautiful meaning (comforted by Yahweh). Without his grace, I would not be with my precious new family. And yes, I finally tell Mutale 'I love you'.
 
The woman I am today
If it were not for your mercies oh Lord
 
I would not be the woman I am today
 
 
 
If it were not for your grace oh Father
 
I would not be the woman I am today
 
 
 
But Father it was traumatic
 
How could I ever be worthy again
 
From this I cannot pick myself up
 
Nor demand the respect of others
 
 
 
You showed me Mary Magdalen
 
and your grace was sufficient for her
 
You showed me Oprah Winfrey
 
and that trauma did not stop her
 
You used them to bless me
 
and make me the woman I am today
 
 
 
But father....what of the earthly father I never knew
 
Or the one that hit ma black and blue
 
or even the one that made his baby a mistress
 
no I cannot go on for this is unnatural
 
and no one would ever value me
 
 
 
Then came Joyce Meyer
 
she told us like it was
 
nothing hidden at all
 
a vessel to encourage all
 
and also came Maya Angelou
 
who knew why caged birds sung
 
 
 
I pulled her through you said
 
she cried for years but my grace is sufficient for her
 
I am the only father you need
 
to be the woman you need to be today
 
 
 
So when you cry at night
 
with 5 kids at your bossom
 
when you feel your heart cant mend
 
and your teary flood forever flow
 
when you feel like giving up
 
and forgetting your virtue
 
 
 
Remember my love for you
 
that no man can match
 
that no disease can break
 
that no loneliness can block
 
that no earthly judgement can sentence
 
remember that I value you
 
I will deliver you
 
I will make you the woman you were destined to be
 
 

1 comment:

  1. love the ending...now put it on d shelves i want copies.
    xoxo ur no 1 fan

    ReplyDelete