Tuesday 20 March 2012

Perfect Valentine

It is no rocket science that you were designed to be mine
perfect fit like a rose merges with thorns
anyone try to break me
you always there to protect me

it is no magic that we encrusted like diamonds
each intricate design
rare in its beauty
but wanted by everyone

it is no math that me + u = us-eternal
each minute adding to the happiness to soon be multiplied
every argument we encounter
strengthens us ten times fold

it is the truth that you were born just for me
because we are a real family
argue like siblings
joke like friends
unembarrassed by the others weirdness
complimented by the familiar smile
and the comforting hug when times get hard

sometimes i thought it was not real
yet my heart knew and wanted no other
sometimes my mind ran away and craved something else
but my spirit and my body would rather expel this mind
than lose your unconditional love

I have tried some shoes
at times the design was close to my dream
but the laces a bit loose
sometimes they were too pointy
pinching my toes with every step
some where far and the delivery took too long
but this shoe looks right
no matter what clothes i wear

yes i know you agree
because for the first time i have fallen hard
like a child learning its first steps
you like a new father willing to teach it
it does not take many words to tell you how i feel
because you are how i feel
you know because it is the same for you
passionate intimately fantastic
i do not have to wait 50 years to be a part of my dream world

i have written and inscribed poetry for the wrong reasons
spoken about love to come and the perfect thing to look for
Landed a rasta. stumbled across a prince sometimes even a mafia
but they were all codes used to write this perfect poem one day
because i found it all in you
faith love and undeniable loyalty and support

so this year valentines day is not exceptionally special
because it is everyday with you valentines and angels day
but since commerciality demands
i shall show off just what a valentine should really be like

No comments:

Post a Comment