Sunday 11 March 2012

Be your own cheer leader

There is no doubt everyone wants to be applauded in some way. Told they are doing a fine job or motivated to go after after what they have always dreamt of.
I personally remember as a child I was called 'miss think a lot'. As the only girl in my family adored by my mother and daddys golden child, I was used to being the best, being told I was beautiful and constantly reminded by my father that no little girl came close. It gave me the confidence to go after everything that I wanted but it was also a drug. Addictive in everyway.

My adoption brought new responsibilities placing me in the field of the go getter, the big sister and the one to set an example. In my 'think a lot moments' I discovered a void I could not fill or understand. My biggest cheerleader was far away oceans apart from me causing me to withdraw from the world around me.

But when life is cruel it is kind too. In wanting to be a good example, when the going got tough I forced myself to get up fix up and propel myself forward. I challenged myself and chose to remind myself it was me against the world. All my dreams were up to me. All my hapiness was up to me. If someone could believe in me like my father, how much more could I believe in myself. the more I convinced myself I was good enough, the more the world agreed with me. Be your own cheerleader and turn others into believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment