Sunday 18 March 2012

Fight to forgive

I was inspired last night from a source I vowed to despise and cut out of my life. They had previously hurt me so much that I used to say there is no way I will associate with these people again.

But failing to forgive only creates a prison for yourself. These bitter feelings are set by you and lack of control on your emotions. In my darkest moment this sworn enemy picked up the phone and preached to me. They showed me that despite having hurt me, they also knew me understood me and blessed me. It was through them that God reminded me my worth.

 He used the very person that i thought destroyed me to rebuild me.
Am I saying you should never cut people out of your life? No but I am saying never let your emotions rule you to the point of hating someone. Everyone is human. Sometimes people hurt us unintentionally sometimes on purpose but how much effect that has on our lives is in our hands. We need to fight for forgiveness because it is the only way you can go forward with your life.

Apart from forgiving others, fight to forgive yourself. Watch the post on Bishop TD Jake's preaching on forgiveness and the many ways in which it binds us.Better yet buy the book above it is available on kindle and see your life transform. Let go of things of the past. Although it is difficult, remember everything that is worthwhile is.
Be blessed

AQA

No comments:

Post a Comment