Wednesday 29 February 2012

Speak


Speak oh voice speak of my tribulations and trials
Speak of my endless nights in tears and heartbreak
Speak of everything that defines me as human
Speak of all the times I have felt alone
Speak of all the times i have allowed myself to feel shame
Speak of the times when i had no solution to my problems

Oh do you remember oh voice
when you wailed so loud when he left us
Or when you told all the neighbours of our family's loss
Speak of the time when no arms could hold me
because of the despair i felt
of the curse i felt that failure was my destiny
speak of the time when a change in environment
brought the change of season in my mood
was it merry?

No speak of the loneliness that befriended me in the midst of company
or the agrression that i showed loved ones because of the hate that was growing within me
speak of the passion with which i spoke
the desperate attempt to find favour in the wrong places
yes speak oh voice
speak as loud as you have in the past
before I found his grace

Shout oh voice
Shout of all the things you have believed me to be agrieved by
Shout of all the times I have fallen
Shout of all the intimidation that I closely embraced
Yes thats right

You can shout of the several attempts to be a somebody
only to come out feeling nothing but paranoid
foolish and sometimes desperate for the ground to take me
because all she seemed to breath my way was mist
Speak of when my future was nothing but a mirage
plagued by tortious thoughts
bombarded with agony and lamentation

when I forgot his grace was within me

Yes you can speak of all that
because today I sing of his mercy
today I sing of a better tomorrow
today I sing of a vision i see clearly
today I sing of a future I can almost hold in my hands
today I sing of the brightness of my smile

I sing of the optimism and the faith
I sing because I am not a friend of agony
but of tranquillity
I sing of a hope that today and tommorrow my people will not embrace
the pain of the past afflictions
nor will we be defined by it
Yes voice I sing of the optimism i have in humanity
that all of us will be blessed in his grace
soaked in his favour

I sing of the inspiration and the strength
I got from our hard times
for when one suffers we suffer as one
I sing of the understanding and esteem of which
we as a people will walk
the confidence with which we shall embrace our futures
because his grace is sufficient for us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment