Tuesday 28 February 2012

I Am AFRICA



Yes I know am black
and my shade is not completely even
I also know am stubborn
you can tell
because no matter how straight
my hair doesn't dance with the wind

I may be behind in technology
I may not understand your speech
It could be my strong accent
Or simply the way I speak
That makes you think me naive
And a girl u can cheat...suziba Mayo wa pa Africa

I may be backward
Because I don't do links
You may think me ancient
In my beliefs of self preservation

Yes I am africa
And Africa is me
My different shades
define my different seasons
depending on the plough
my harvest can be rough....Recognise Mayo wa pa Africa

My hair stays strong
because my mind never falters
each stubborn strand
is my arrow in battle

Yes I am Africa....Mayo wa pa Zed
I will not change for you
I was taught to be respectful
and denounce anything shameful...ishi e ntambi shesu
I was taught to be humble
and to submitt when need be
but to be a fool for someone
is against tradition.

So no!! I do not understand a link
Mother Africa taught me different
you cannot pee on someone's head
and then tell them its raining...uko ni ku pusa

I am africa
that does not make me backward
Simply those who enter my temple
Should be there to worship
My belief in self preservation
is why all over the world I have a strong nation.

Yes I am Africa
And Africa is me
slavery tried to cheat me
and see me as naive
but look at how my children learnt
and are having the last laugh
and one rules the world
so am a woman you can't cheat.

1 comment: