Saturday 11 May 2013

Dear bloody Spora

In a  family of ten there is no such thing as the baby of the family.
Yes i said 10. Biologically speaking we were only three in our nuclear family but my mum had this unhealthy habit of always taking on other peoples children.

For instance when an uncle or aunty died, our cousins always ended up at the Mumba family.Any chances for me crying for milk or the luxury of having eggs for breakfast was far-fetched.Aside the family house being extremely full, mums attention was not on me unless she was making little dresses for me..even then I had to share them with any cousins we had. It was a nightmare. Worse still her being a teacher did not help matters. Them kids from her school stuck around her like flies on feaces even at weekends!! it was annoying but my mother loved the whole concept of sharing and making life nice for everyone. 

Dear spora(diaspora) had decided to make itself a welcome guest in our home. Everybody was willing to embrace her except me. I knew she would be nothing but trouble not just for me, but for everyone. Already the cow had robbed me of my mother and my mother did not even see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment